Port-i386 archive

Re: Thinkpad 760XD PCMCIA problems?

"John D. Baker" <jdbaker%mylinuxisp.com@localhost> writes:

> On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Greg Troxel wrote:

That was a little while ago so my memory is getting fuzzy.

>> # PCI fixups, for both PCIBIOS and ACPI
>> options      PCI_ADDR_FIXUP          # fixup PCI I/O addresses
>> options      PCI_BUS_FIXUP           # fixup PCI bus numbering
>> options      PCI_INTR_FIXUP          # fixup PCI interrupt routing
>>
>> Then, man cardbus and read about RBUS_MIN_START.  There's a patch in
>> current to do this automatically, but I have not had a chance to test
>> it in 4.0 and request a pullup.
>
> OK, I've built and installed a kernel with the above options and the
> example RBUS_MIN_START value shown in the cardbus manual page.
>
> As far as cbb0 behavior, there is no change.  I have not had a chance
> to try the misbehaving PCMCIA cards yet.
>
> I saw the pullup request for the heuristic determination of this value.
> Was that all there is, or maybe more PCMCIA/CardBus stuff that might
> address TP760XD weirdness?

That's all I know about.  But, the TP760XD is I think an older system
than a TP600E, so it's quite possible that the right RBUS_MIN_START
value is different, or that there's something else.

I am assuming you are trying with netbsd-5 or -current.

If the notebook supports ACPI you probably should update the BIOS to the
latest from ibm/lenovo.

There is probably better debugging support in the kernel now, so turning
on as much as you can find might help.  Fortunately for me I have not
had to pay attention to this much lately.