Port-i386 archive

apm support, was: kern/41211: suspend causes kernel panic on resume

At 8:15 Uhr +0000 15.04.2009, Andrew Doran wrote:
 On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 09:25:00PM +0000, hramrach%centrum.cz@localhost wrote:

 > On Dell Lattitude CPxJ suspend with APM causes kernel panic

 APM or ACPI? APM is completely broken and not worth fixing at this point.

What is the perspective, then, for apm-only i386 notebooks?

I observed that there is apmd and powerd, and while powerd(8) describes /etc/powerd/scripts/<power_type>, I got nothing out of it on a Thinkpad 380D. ISTR it paniced with netbsd-5 in a similar way to what PR 41211 described. ACPI, of course, wouldn't attach.

        hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281