Port-i386 archive

Re: problem accessing cd writer on Optiplex 760

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 04:20:01PM +1200, Mark Davies wrote:
> Hi,
>    If I run k3b (kde cd/dvd burning software) on a Dell Optiplex 760
> with no disk in the optical drive I get this:
>
>  cd0(ahcisata0:1:0): passthrough: adapter inconsistency
>
> printed on the console and the k3b process hangs.
>
> On an equivalently configured Optiplex 755 or 745 no message is
> printed, process doesn't hang and k3b reports "no medium present".

My guess is that it comes from the ahci_dma_setup() call failing in
ahci_atapi_start(). Can you add some printfs here to confirm, and
see what with what values ahci_dma_setup() was called ?
Another candidate would be scsipi_request_sense().
Another place where XS_DRIVER_STUFFUP is used is scsipi_enqueue()
but this shouldn't happen.