Port-i386 archive

Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 v2.0 vs. NetBSD

Folks:
        I picked up one of the above rodents cheap, and while it works fine
        on my XP laptop and on my desktop when booted to Vista, I can't get
        it to work under NetBSD... it attaches fine, but no data appears on
        the /dev/wsmouseN device associated with it.

        Here's what the kernel messages for the attachment look like:
uhidev0: Microsoft Microsoft\xc2\xae 2.4GHz Transceiver V2.0, rev 2.00/2.70,
addr 2, iclass 3/1
uhidev0: 23 report ids
ums0 at uhidev0 reportid 17: 5 buttons and Z dir.
wsmouse1 at ums0 mux 0
uhid0 at uhidev0 reportid 18: input=0, output=0, feature=1
uhid1 at uhidev0 reportid 19: input=1, output=0, feature=0
uhid2 at uhidev0 reportid 20: input=1, output=0, feature=0
uhid3 at uhidev0 reportid 21: input=3, output=0, feature=0
uhid4 at uhidev0 reportid 23: input=0, output=0, feature=1

        Attempting to read data from the device shows nothing, but there
        are no errors of any kind reported either.  I have not debugged
        further, but thought I'd at least send a note here in case anyone
        has fallen afoul of this device and figured out what the problem
        is.

Thanks!
--rafal

--
  Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so.     |/\/\|           Rafal Boni
                   -- Ford Prefect               |\/\/|