Port-i386 archive

Re: various problems with HP DL360/DL385 G5 machines and NetBSD-4

On 12-Jan-2009, at 10:37 PM, Jared D. McNeill wrote:

Greg A. Woods wrote:
After booting the following sequence of messages appear regularly:

If you can take one offline (or have an extra), can you try a 5.0_BETA kernel? There have been more ACPI changes in 5.0 than I can list off the top of my head as part of the pmf integration with this release, and changes are good that this issue is fixed. If not, I'd like to fix it ASAP.

If we can pinpoint the problem and it is not related to acpica there is a good chance that it can be backported to the netbsd-4 branch.

I should be able to try a netbsd-5 kernel next time I'm in front of the machines (though I can probably only do it with one of them as the other is the active firewall and gateway now).

I'm not yet building my own netbsd-5 kernels yet though so a matching configuration is not possible and the default GENERIC will not provide all the useful information and diagnostics. If you have a kernel with all the useful *VERBOSE and *DEBUG options enabled (and BUFCACHE=10 as these machines have 4GB and with NMBCLUSTERS=32768 or so too!) then please let me know where it is, thanks! I can post the diff of my current conf file if that helps.

--
                                        Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc.
                                        <woods%planix.ca@localhost>