Port-i386 archive

Re: geting linux TLS working

    Date:        Sun, 26 Oct 2008 10:34:45 +0000
    From:        Andrew Doran <ad%netbsd.org@localhost>

  | By your standard we have never been compatible. Many things do not work
  | correctly with an old userland on a new kernel

I'm not so sure it is "many" any more - I run with exactly that environment
a lot, so I notice most of what doesn't work, and these days, it isn't much
(and nothing that ever bothers me any more - netstat used to, but that's
fixed, or fixed for everything that matters.)

Certainly kmem grovellers aren't going to keep working, but these days there
are very few of those left, and over time the number has been decreasing,
which is the way it should be.

kre