Port-i386 archive

Trouble sensing NIC on HP Pavillion a6600f

I am having a problem seeing either the on-board NIC or a USB (Linksys USB 200M). I am running NetBSD 3.1.1

The message I think is relevant in the logs is

NVIDIA product 0x07dc (ethernet network, revision 0xa2) at pci0 dev 15 function 0 not configured

Looking through some threads I have confirmed that my kernel does have nfe in it - should take care of the onboard NIC and also has axe in it which should handle the USB NIC interface.

Any ideas?