Port-i386 archive

Re: tlp0: unable to map device registers

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 09:56:00PM -0500, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 09:35:59PM -0400, Emery Clark wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 2:51 PM, David Young <dyoung%pobox.com@localhost>
> > wrote:

> > > Maybe the BIOS has not correctly initialized either the BARs, the memory-
> > > or the I/O-enable.
> > >
> > > What does 'pcictl pci0 dump -d 5' say?  Also, how about 'pcictl pci0
> > > dump -d 0' ?
> > >

> > Sorry for the delayed response.
> >
> > $ pcictl pci0 dump -d 5
> > PCI configuration registers:
> >   Common header:
> >     0x00: 0x91021282 0x02100000 0x02000031 0x00004200
> >
> >     Vendor Name: Davicom Semiconductor (0x1282)
> >     Device Name: DM9102 10/100 Ethernet (0x9102)
> >     Command register: 0x0000
> >       I/O space accesses: off
> >       Memory space accesses: off
>
> Both of these being off will cause the 'unable to map'.
>
> >       Bus mastering: off
>
> This should probably be on, so set the BIOS accordingly
>

> If the BIOS has a PnP OS option, try setting it to non-PnP.
> Hopefully that will allow it to work.

We should just set the flags from the driver.  Apparently the BIOS has
configured the spaces fine.

If the BIOS hasn't configured the device, we'll try to map garbage
instead of not even trying to map.  I think it'd take a rather evil
BIOS to make do something incorrect.

As a matter of fact, a lot of drivers explicitely set access to spaces
and bus mastering.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost