Port-i386 archive

Re: How to use and zzz(8) my uaudio

dan%geek.com.au@localhost said:
> a) write pm support for uaudio(4)

This should be trivial - as things look now it is
generally OK to use a NULL power handler for
USB devices.
The reason is that USB ports either retain power
during suspend, or they don't. If they do, USB
devices don't lose state. (They just go into the
USB suspend state.)
If the ports lose power, devices are detached and
reattached anyway, so there is no point in saving
state. (We could do better, but for that we'd need
to make sure that the device is still the same
after wakeup.)
Whether a port retains power depends on whether
it is set as a potential wakeup device. We don't
have framework support for this yet. (This is
a complex matter - you'll find a lot of reports
that it doesn't work reliably on windows either.)

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt