Port-i386 archive

Re: Eee PC and SDHC access

> On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 06:59:18PM +0200, Joel CARNAT wrote:
> [...]
>> Any idea ?
>
> You know, just saying "I can copy small files but not big ones" is
begging for being humoured.  Please be more specific with what happens.

well... the problem is it does not happen a single thing :)
I mean, running "systat vmstat" does not show a single "weird" thing (no
high load, no high interrupt numbers, ...)
Nor does top. There is nothing in dmesg.

I am running "cp" in the XFCE Terminal.
If I send Ctrl-C to the "cp" command, it never gets killed.
If I try to run "sudo kill -9 $PID" in another (already started) xterm,
this command never gives me the prompt back (and the cp command does not
get killed).
If I try to start another Terminal, the app shows up but I never get the
(bash) prompt.

If I switched to console and login as root, I can run "pkill cp", my "cp"
command gets killed.

If I run a "ls" command on the mounted SDHC (to see what's been copied),
the "ls" command freezes and I can't kill it from the root console. In
this state, sysctl says:
    7 users    Load  0.04  0.07  0.07                  Sun May 11 20:34:25

Proc:r  d  s  w     Csw    Trp    Sys   Int   Sof    Flt      PAGING
SWAPPING
          18         27           110     8    28             in  out   in
 out
                                                        ops
   0.0% Sy   0.0% Us   0.0% Ni   0.1% In  99.9% Id    pages
|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |
                                                                          forks
fkppw
           memory totals (in kB)             136 Interrupts
fksvm
          real  virtual     free                 softint net/0
pwait
Active  883348   883348  1067636                 softi net block
relck
All     974560   974560  1329776                 softint bio/0
rlkok
                                                 softi bio block
noram
Namei         Sys-cache     Proc-cache        27 softint clk/0
ndcpy
    Calls     hits    %     hits     %           softint ser/0
fltcp
      325      325  100                      100 cpu0 timer
zfod
                                               8 ioapic0 pin 9
cow
Disks:   sd0   wd0   md0  nfs0  nfs1             ioapic0 pin 1         64
fmin
 seeks                                           ioapic0 pin 12        85
ftarg
 xfers                                           ioapic0 pin 16
itarg
 bytes                                         1 ioapic0 pin 17      1558
wired
 %busy                                           ioapic0 pin 23
pdfre
                                                 ioapic0 pin 18

Hope it helps,
    Jo