Port-i386 archive

Re: Anyone using skype under NetBSD/4.0?

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008, Jared D. McNeill wrote:

David Brownlee wrote:
    The current versions in pkgsrc & pkgsrc-wip don't seem to be able
    to access audio for me. I know (much) earlier versions could...

Newer builds of Skype rely on ALSA; if you visit skype.com they offer OSS builds -- have you tried these?

        Just tried without luck - it reports an error with the audio
        device. Its trying to use /dev/dsp which is a symlink to sound.
        IIRC there have been some changes to allow sound to accept more
        ioctls since NetBSD 4.0 which may be relevant here...