Port-i386 archive

Re: Attaching piixide device before pdcsata device

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:09:41 +0200
Selvan <selvany%cat.co.za@localhost> wrote:

> Hi Quentin,
>
> At startup, the system would boot-off the drive connected to the
> on-board SATA 0 port, as expected, but during the kernel execution this
> drive is mapped as wd4 (drives on the Promise card mapped as wd0, wd1,
> wd2 and wd3).
> The kernel execution stops at the point where the system is expecting to
> mount /dev/wd0a and /dev/wd0e, as set in the fstab file,  but these
> partitions don't exist on wd0 but /dev/wd4a and /dev/wd4e exist on wd4.

You can also change the fstab entries to use /dev/wd4X. That's what I do
in a machine I have currently:

$ mount|grep wd2
/dev/wd2a on / type ffs (local)
/dev/wd2f on /var type ffs (local)
/dev/wd2e on /usr type ffs (local)
/dev/wd2g on /home type ffs (local)
/dev/wd2h on /storage type ffs (local)
$

--
Juan Romero Pardines - xtraeme at gmail|netbsd dot org
        The NetBSD Project

Make your own NetBSD/x86 Live CD
http://www.netbsd.org/~xtraeme/mklivecd/