Port-i386 archive

Re: NetBSD on a mini-ITX motherboard?

On 11 Mar 2008, at 0:21, Jordi Prats wrote:

> Hi all,
> Have anyone tried to run NetBSD on a Jetway J7F2 (or similar) motherboard?
>
> Any inputs will be welcome! Thanks,

I have NetBSD on via epia pd6000e as firewall and me6000g as server.
These seem reliable.

I tried with a couple of Jetway J7F4K1G2 but had freezes or lockups
under any load (cpu, nework or hdd) then with replacements that were
supposed to have fixed overheating problem first one of these decided
the 250GB hdd was only 136GB with different geometry and trashed the
drive. This was also a load or temperature problem as on cooling both
drives I tried would revert to 250GB but retain wrong geometry then
if reset to LBA after a while lockup and bios show them as 136GB
(LBA48 switchover point). The replacements also failed booting from
usb due to having a more recent bios with known usb problem. Jetway
customer service recommendation was to boot from usb to update the
bios but I chose return to supplier for refund.

David