Port-i386 archive

Re: Call for testers: ACPI suspend/resume, part 2

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 08:23:29PM -0500, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> Alex DuBois wrote:
> >I didn't think to try the USB ports, and you're right about them not
> >working on resume. However, the light on my USB flash drive turned on
> >for less than a second, though demesg has no mention of it. I had to try
> >all the ports several times to get it to do that. I haven't been able to
> >reproduce it.
>
> This should be fixed with revision 1.11 of dev/acpi/thinkpad_acpi.c, can
> you please update and confirm?
>
> Thanks!
> Jared

Great work! USB is now working after a suspend/resume. I also noticed
that the brightness keys are now working too! I noticed that if a USB
drive is mounted while the computer suspends, after resuming df says
that the drive is still mounted, but an ls shows nothing in the mount
point. However, It works fine if you unmount the drive before suspending
and then remount after resuming.

I'll update the wiki.

Thanks,
Alex