Port-i386 archive

Re: MATH_EMULATE

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, der Mouse wrote:

The major way I would foresee its rotting would be via -msoft-float.
If my understanding that this would be the only way we'd run on FPUless
x86, then this would be the only user of i386 -msoft-float....

I thought that kernel is always built with -msoft-float?

I mean, how much could such compile options get incompatibile with
possible source changes -

asm()s using FPU instructions, is the first way that comes to mind.

But that was an issue always - even back when the emulation worked, right? The only way to solve such thing would be to have complete emulation of FPU (we could countinue with MMX, SSE...).

Vit Herman