Port-i386 archive

Re: wm(4) problems

Matthias Scheler wrote:
On 11 Jan 2008, at 22:48, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
The machine is currently running NetBSD/i386 3.0, but I've been thinking about upgrading to amd64 4.0. Will that help?

Yes, the wm(4) driver has been substantially improved since NetBSD 3.0 was released.
Even NetBSD 3.1_STABLE ("netbsd-3" branch) contains a lot of improvements.

Hi Matthias.

I didn't feel like running a full upgrade right at the moment, so I just got the 3.1.1 GENERIC kernel and booted it. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same errors, as well as the interface flapping. Any other ideas? BTW, I checked, and the card is a PRO/1000 Desktop Adapter.

Do you think the card might be bad or something? Do you need to see my dmesg?

Peace...  Sridhar