Port-i386 archive

Re: on the "demise" of NetBSD/i386

jakllsch%kollasch.net@localhost writes:
> With talk and action of killing support for 386{,7}
> processors, shouldn't the port be renamed (at least
> from the user-POV) to something less deceiving?

x86-32 and x86-64? :)

Unfortunately...

1) I think people are used to the current names
2) Given the way the project uses CVS, renaming would lose a lot of
   history/be a pain in the neck. It would be better to revisit
   this if and when CVS is replaced.

> (A rather dumb question as it seems stupid to
> create such a fracture in CVS revisions.)

Yes.

> Also, we should probably un-suggest supporting
> the Sun 386i. (http://www.netbsd.org/ports/#suggested-i386)

I think it is way past time that we removed that, yes.

--
Perry E. Metzger                perry%piermont.com@localhost