Port-i386 archive

IBM P70 (PS/2 MCA) Boot Problem

Hi all,

I have been trying to get NetBSD 3.1.1 up and running on my trusty IBM P70 luggable. After inserting the second disk (boot-ps2-2.fs), I see the boot messages. When the floppy drive is detected (I'm assuming), I see:

fdc0 at isa0 port 0x3f0-0x3f7 irq 6 drq 2

...and then the system hangs at this point.

Any ideas as to why my P70 is hanging here? I tried another floppy drive, and same problem. I also tried a couple lower versions of NetBSD but the same problem occurs. Even though NetBSD 4.0 doesn't have PS2 disks, I tried boot1.fs and boot2.fs but the system rebooted after loading boot2.fs.

I can install an older version Debain on this beast but that distro is too bulky for my frugal 300MB EDSI HDD. Hopefully I can get NetBSD installed so I can run a MUSH.

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
Tony