Subject: Re: Problems with ath(4) and interrupt sharing
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/19/2007 19:48:34
On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 09:47:03AM -0800, Brian Buhrow wrote:
> 	What I think is that the ath driver is fieldiing all interrupts, even
> those for the sound card, and the block of code you mention is not working
> quite right.  I'm  just starting to look at this, so my understanding of
> 'what exactly is going on is a bit sketchy.  However, I am sure it's an
> interupt issue, and I'm sure I need it to work right in order to make this
> laptop usable for me.

The question is whether ath_hal_intrset does work or not. If it doesn't
work correctly, you are right and ath will keep the interrupt "masked".
The idea here is that a PCI interrupt remains raised if at least one
device requests it. That's why it is safe to return 1 when the interrupt
is handled -- it will get reraised by the hardware.

Just to make sure, print the current interface flags -- is IFF_RUNNING
*not* set for you?

Joerg