Subject: Re: apic timing/clock problem in 4.0_RC3, MacBook 2x2.0
To: Marco Trillo <marcotrillo@gmail.com>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/10/2007 14:57:12
On Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 07:53:15PM +0000, Marco Trillo wrote:

> OTOH since all of these Macs use ICH7, it should no no harm to disable this bit.

It's not just ICH7, though, right?  Macs are unusual in that they don't
have (or don't use) BIOS options for keyboard or boot device emulation
that would require legacy USB emulation turned on.  Other ICH7 machines
might, but on the other hand I think you can be pretty sure no Mac
ever will.

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls@rek.tjls.com

  "The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to
   be abandoned or transcended, there is no problem."	      - Noam Chomsky