Subject: T42 USB Devices Not Probed After a While
To: None <>
From: Curt Sampson <>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/21/2007 17:15:24
For a long, long time now, after my Thinkpad T42 (currently running
NetBSD 4-branch) has been on for a while, it's stopped probing USB
devices. I plug something in, and see no messages at all, nor any
indication that anything's been connected. If I run the usbdevs command,
it hangs. The only way I know of to fix this, at the moment at least, is
a reboot.

Unfortunately, in the last week or two this has started happening much,
much sooner after a boot--usually within a day. This is frustrating,
since it means I'm now rebooting my machine once or twice a day in order
to be able to use my external keyboard.

Does anybody have any thoughts on why this is happening, and perhaps
clues on how to debug it?

Curt Sampson         <>         +81 90 7737 2974
by those who have not got it.    --George Bernard Shaw