Subject: Re: Unable to install to LFS from NetBSD-4.0-rc1 installation cd
To: David Lord <netbsd@lordynet.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/16/2007 10:49:39
On Sep 16, 2007, at 1:50 AM, David Lord wrote:

> Hi

Hi David,

> I tried to install to LFS from the install cd as I have a couple of
> 3.1 systems using LFS with no problems so far. The installer allows
> LFS to be selected then leaves one in a loop with no means of exit as
> it is unable to install the bootstrap whilst LFS is selected.
> There don't seem to be any newfs_lfs, mount_lfs or bootxx_lfsv1/2
> present on the cd.
>
> I couldn't see any warning about this in documentation.
>
> It was no problem to manually create partitions, restore previously
> dumped rootfs and /usr, edit fstab then run installboot.

There already is a PR reporting this issue:

	http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=24337

Also take a look at the following thread to see what's needed to
resolve this issue.  It is a bit outdated, but I bet everything said
in it is still applicable.

	http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2006/11/11/0002.html

Cheers,

--