Subject: Unable to install to LFS from NetBSD-4.0-rc1 installation cd
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: David Lord <netbsd@lordynet.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/15/2007 23:50:01
Hi

I tried to install to LFS from the install cd as I have a couple of
3.1 systems using LFS with no problems so far. The installer allows
LFS to be selected then leaves one in a loop with no means of exit as
it is unable to install the bootstrap whilst LFS is selected.
There don't seem to be any newfs_lfs, mount_lfs or bootxx_lfsv1/2
present on the cd.

I couldn't see any warning about this in documentation.

It was no problem to manually create partitions, restore previously
dumped rootfs and /usr, edit fstab then run installboot.

David