Subject: Re: Netbsd-4 oddity, acpi?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/14/2007 11:08:34
On 9/14/07 2:30 AM, "Quentin Garnier" <cube@cubidou.net> wrote:

>> Is this a known behavior?  (The kernel is GENERIC.MP plus some other
>> features like ipsec.)
>
> I've seen a system wait for 10 solid minutes at that point before the
> kernel printed anything.  It was a HP DL series, and in the BIOS there
> was a setting about 8042 emulation...  It did the trick.

Well, it gets weirder.  I have no BIOS options for tuning ACPI or like
items.  It will instantly boot with a keypress.  Before I'm accused of
looking at the boot loader and having customized the timeout in the
bootloader, let me assure you that I'm NOT LOOKING AT THE BOOTLOADER.

The timeout is happening AFTER the kernel is loaded and before the green
kernel logging starts.  The numbers are printed for the various sections of
the kernel and then there's a pause which can be broken by a keystroke.

If I can get another system like this I'll see if I can grovel through code
and better identify what's [not] happening.

peter