Subject: Re: support for unconfigured PCI devices, esp. SD card reader
To: Anne Bennett <anne@porcupine.montreal.qc.ca>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/30/2007 03:30:29
--7ohyzAr2DuZRs7WU

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 09:03:22PM -0400, Anne Bennett wrote:
>=20
>=20
> On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, Quentin Garnier replied to me:
>=20
> >From the dmesg output, I really don't see where the card reader could
> >be;  even if umass(4) was missing, we'd have a line for an unconfigured
> >USB device.
>=20
> Unless the thing isn't connected, which I will check shortly.  :-/
> Meanwhile:
>=20
> >Could you run acpidump from pkgsrc (in sysutils)?  And make available
> >the file from acpidump -o file?  I wonder if the card reader could be
> >an ACPI device;  not that it would help us supporting it, but at least
> >locate it.
>=20
> Appended, both text and binary, just in case...

Yup, connection issue is the likely cause :)

Or maybe the USB header on the mobo isn't active, possibly because of a
BIOS setting...  I've seen mobos where you had to choose between a
header and a set of ports on the back...

--=20
"You could have made it, spitting out benchmarks
Owe it to yourself not to fail"
Amplifico, Spitting Out Benchmarks, Hometakes Vol. 2, 2005.

--7ohyzAr2DuZRs7WU

--7ohyzAr2DuZRs7WU--