Subject: Re: NetBSD-i386 4.0_BETA2 with stack protection enabled
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/28/2007 18:11:59
On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 11:01:03PM +0100, Matthias Scheler wrote:

> 	Hello,
>
> is anybody using NetBSD 4.0_BETA2 with stack protection enabled (by
> compiling with "USE_SSP=yes") on i386 hardware? If so does it work
> stable? And how bad is the performance penalty?

We are using it on a number of the TNF servers, i386 and amd64.  I
haven't noticed performance issues but I have not benchmarked.

Christos had some problems with the fxp driver and was considering
disabling SSP for its source files.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon	                               tls@rek.tjls.com
  "All of my opinions are consistent, but I cannot present them all