Subject: ACPI, CardBus and Interrupts
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/07/2007 19:39:52
--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV

Hi,

I'm seriously considering a new Toshiba A135-S4527 laptop. I
ran a netbsd-4 INSTALL_LAPTOP on it and retrieved a dmesg,
linked to below.

First bit of fun:

ath0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0
ath0: interrupting at irq 10
ath0: unable to attach hardware; HAL status 13

I hear Sam will have some stuff later this year to remedy this,
hopefully I'll be able to back-port it to 4.x when the time comes.

But, in the meantime, I'll want wireless, which brings
us to another issue:

cbb0 at pci4 dev 4 function 0: vendor 0x104c product 0x8039 (rev. 0x00)
cbb0: NOT USED because of unconfigured interrupt

So, I notice that while the netbsd-4 INSTALL_LAPTOP has
`options PCI_INTR_FIXUP`, it does not have `acpi0 at mainbus0`.

Could having the latter make a difference in getting me working cardbus?

	Jonathan Kollasch

http://user.kollasch.net/jakllsch/stuff/a135-s4527-laptop-dmesg

PS,
Sale ends Saturday.