Subject: Re: Sprint/Novatel Merlin S720 Card
To: David Dudley <DavidDu@cctexas.com>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/27/2007 12:56:19
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 11:15:48 -0500
"David Dudley" <DavidDu@cctexas.com> wrote:

> T:  Bus=06 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#=  2 Spd=12  MxCh= 0
> D:  Ver= 1.10 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs=  1
> P:  Vendor=1410 ProdID=1130 Rev= 0.00

This is strange -- the vendor and product IDs you list here don't match
anything that NetBSD saw, per your previous posts.  And they're much
more reasonable -- the vendor ID, at least, matches what's in the NetBSD
kernel source for Novatel.

I think we have a deeper problem here -- something in the NetBSD USB
stack isn't looking carefully enough.  Note Greg Troxel's comments about
ugen -- why isn't it picking up the device? -- and about how perhaps
something needs to be powered on first.

I'm at a loss for what else to suggest you try.  It might be worth
looking at the Linux kernel to see what it does with the vendor/product
IDs that NetBSD did notice.