Subject: Re: cgd: booting unattended (without it)
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/19/2007 16:24:49
Am 19.01.2007 um 9:17 Uhr -0500 schrieb Steven M. Bellovin:
>>    http://www.samag.com/documents/s=9369/sam0610j/0610j.htm
>>
>>  Make the cgd filesystems "noauto" in /etc/fstab, and add an rc script
>>  to mount those filesystems only if it can be determined that the cgd
>>  was configured (not sure yet how to do that).
>>
>I haven't tried it, but I wonder if there's some way to do this using
>ammd.

I thought about that, too... There is a 'program' filesystem type in
amd(8) which then calls configurable tools for {,un}mounting a
filesystem.

The question here is whether cgd needs interaction with the user
during mount; my understanding is that since amd(8) runs daemonized,
whatever it execs is not provided with a terminal.

	hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
      Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281