Subject: Re: cgd: booting unattended (without it)
To: Steven M. Bellovin <>
From: Hauke Fath <>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/19/2007 16:24:49
Am 19.01.2007 um 9:17 Uhr -0500 schrieb Steven M. Bellovin:
>>  Make the cgd filesystems "noauto" in /etc/fstab, and add an rc script
>>  to mount those filesystems only if it can be determined that the cgd
>>  was configured (not sure yet how to do that).
>I haven't tried it, but I wonder if there's some way to do this using

I thought about that, too... There is a 'program' filesystem type in
amd(8) which then calls configurable tools for {,un}mounting a

The question here is whether cgd needs interaction with the user
during mount; my understanding is that since amd(8) runs daemonized,
whatever it execs is not provided with a terminal.

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
      Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281