Subject: Re: lpd setup
To: NetBSD/i386 Discussion List <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/15/2006 11:34:32
Am 14.12.2006 um 13:54 Uhr -0500 schrieb Greg A. Woods:
>I did find that with a local printer that didn't use any printer device,
>e.g. when using appletalk via the netatalk PAP tools, then specifying
>"lp=/dev/null" was the best way to avoid problems with device opening.

Back when I set up stuff like that, lpd(8) tried an exclusive open on
the null device file, and you needed to mknod a private null per
printer. Has this changed, and when?

	hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
      Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281