Subject: Re: microphone inputs on Azalia (T60)
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Pierre Pronchery <khorben@defora.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/16/2006 00:36:18
Greg Troxel wrote:
> I'm trying to use GNU Radio to transmit and receive, and having
> trouble with the mic.  My system is a Thinkpad T60 running current.

I have a T60 running 3.99.23 (with just a couple wpi modifications).

> With the following (from this list earlier), sound output works fine:
>
> # T60 mixer hack
> mixerctl -w \
>         "outputs.lineout.eapd=on" \
>         "outputs.linein.dir=output" \
>         "outputs.lineout=255,255"
>

> But, I can't get sound in to work.  mixerctl -a produces very little
> inputs information:

I managed to accidently get mic input while trying CD output (the two
were mixed), so it should be still possible.

The mic levels did not seem to have any influence on this however. I
rebooted since then so I don't remember exactly what I had, but iirc it
was something like "outputs.lineout.source=mix0e",
"inputs.sel15.source=mix0e" and "outputs.mic2.source=mix0e".

I cannot actually find a decent sound mixer from pkgsrc (rexima and
wmsmixer see only 2 channels (mic and speaker), none functional). Is
there any instance of a mixer that's more comprehensive and complete? Is
there any ongoing implementation of such a tool?

HTH,
--
khorben