Subject: microphone inputs on Azalia (T60)
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/15/2006 13:10:05
I'm trying to use GNU Radio to transmit and receive, and having
trouble with the mic.  My system is a Thinkpad T60 running current.

With the following (from this list earlier), sound output works fine:

# T60 mixer hack
mixerctl -w \
        "outputs.lineout.eapd=on" \
        "outputs.linein.dir=output" \
        "outputs.lineout=255,255"

But, I can't get sound in to work.  mixerctl -a produces very little
inputs information:

inputs.sel0b.source=dac03
inputs.beep.source=beep10
inputs.sel15.source=mix0c

and it's a bit mysterious.  Plus, there are mic 'outputs', which
doesn't make a lot of sense, unless it just controls the mixing of
the mic back into the final mixer:

outputs.mic=170,170
outputs.mic2.source=dac03
outputs.mic2.mute=off
outputs.mic2=255,255
outputs.mic2=85,85
outputs.mic2.dir=input

Any clues would be appreciated.

(For any of you trying GNU Radio, I'm using a USRP with RFX-440 and
have successfully had a split QSO on 440 MHz FM with conventional TX
and software receive.  This is using
gnuradio-examples/python/usrp/usrp_nbfm_ptt.py with current GNU Radio
rom SVN).

    Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>