Subject: Re: time for INSTALL.ACPI ?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org, port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/13/2006 16:55:22
My current desktop machine (Intel D945GTP motherboard) cannot boot
amd64 GENERIC or GENERIC.MP kernels; something goes really wrong (it's
been a while since I've tried) and it can't even find a console device
nor much else.  All devices work virtually all the time with ACPI
turned on, though I need to use ISA for the floppy controller.

I would provide dmesgs but they are corrupted with pages of ^M and little else.

Installation of the amd64 port is slightly more difficult than usual
because there is no GENERIC_ACPI kernel listed in sysinst.

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!

<http://www.wfmu.org/>
91.1 FM Jersey City, NJ
90.1 FM Mt. Hope, NY

"The Reggae Schoolroom":