Subject: Re: azalia and headphone sockets
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/28/2006 03:19:53
In message <20061028075703.GA19451@thoreau.thistledown.com.au>, Simon Burge wri
tes:
>I have a Dell Inspiron 640m with azalia audio.  When I plug some
>headphones in to the socket, both the speakers and the phones get the
>sound.  Anyone seen anything like this?

It may be related to the issues that result in it staying muted everywhere
on some Mac hardware.

>AZALIA_DEBUG also doesn't show anything about headphones vs speakers,
>and no debug output of any type when headphone is plugged in or removed.

If I've sussed this out correctly, some azalia stuff does this automatically,
but a lot of it assumes the drivers will be noticing the plug event (which
must be getting recorded somewhere) and doing the muting in software.

-s