Subject: Re: T60 status: speedstep works, ACPI S1 fails, S3 locks hard
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/11/2006 23:06:52
On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 04:31:38PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

> [...]
> On 'shutdown -p', the file systems are dirty on next boot.  'shutdown
> -r' is ok, as is 'shutdown' followed by manual unmounting.  I wonder
> if somehow the ACPI poweroff is so fast that the disk queues from the
> unmount aren't processed yet.

This happened at one time when the disk didn't have time to flush its cache.
But for some time now a cache flush is issued at shutdown time, and
there should be a 2s delay bewteen the last kernel action an poweroff.

> other hardware status:
>
> The builtin wm(4) sort of works, but PHY programming is clearly wrong.
> I have to set media manually to 10baseT and then it will work; even
> then after setting to 100baseTX my switch reports it's still at 10.

What happens if you set it back to auto ?
Can you send the dmesg ?

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>