Subject: Re: Intel mini update
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/06/2006 21:40:35
In message <20061006222529.DC23341A62@guild.seebs.net>, Peter Seebach writes:
>We can't edit this correctly with fdisk, because they really do intend to
>have their special partition overlap the "reserved" cylinder at the beginning
>of the disk.  It seems to me that fdisk's error message here should be a
>warning with confirmation, rather than an actual refusal to edit the entry.

... But this is a non-issue if you haven't tried to load Linux first, because
it was the Linux installer which wiped out the disk table.  The original fdisk
table was fine.

Runs okay.  The msk0 interface hangs the system something fierce when it's in
use, producing things like top claiming it's using 27143% of CPU time.  No
idea why.  The ath0 interface seems to work just fine.  I'll use ath0 to get
the source tree over and set things up so I can do some more local debugging.
(I'm a bit worried about this part, because I have had trouble getting
keyboard input to the NetBSD boot loader; I may need to use the install CD
to recover if a new kernel doesn't work.)

-s