Subject: Re: Intel Mini?
To: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/03/2006 16:09:31
--so9zsI5B81VjUb/o

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 10:43:41PM +0200, Christian Biere wrote:
> Peter Seebach wrote:
> > According to various pages, it is possible to boot and load x86 operati=
ng
> > systems directly on the Intel-based Mac Mini.  Just putting a 3.0.1 CD =
in
> > doesn't work; the Mini decides the CD isn't bootable.
>=20
> Maybe you need the "El-Torito no-emulation mode" because the Mac should
> definitely be legacy-free.

Which NetBSD/i386 isn't.  Until we have a EFI bootloader, and make
BIOS calls optional (if they aren't already), and various other
things, there is no hope of running NetBSD/i386 without Boot Camp.

I really can't see why anyone would want Mac hardware that's
not significantly different than stuff that's often cheaper, and
better supported by NetBSD.

	Jonathan Kollasch

--so9zsI5B81VjUb/o

--so9zsI5B81VjUb/o--