Subject: Re: how to build boot floppy images
To: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
From: Davide Zanon <d.zanon@infinito.it>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/30/2006 22:51:20
On Sep 30, 2006, at 3:25 PM, Alan Barrett wrote:

> You can build the make wrapper via "build.sh [options]
> makewrapper", and
> then use the wrapper instead of just "make" to build things, but
> there's
> no easy or supported way of building only the install media; you will
> have to figure out for yourself which directories you need to
> build, and
> in which order.

Oh, fantastic! Too late tonight to try to figure out the way... I
simply wanted to
have an INSTALL kernel which supported  Marvell Yukon II GE controllers,
so I had thought about the most difficult way to achieve the result
and found
it :) I'll do it the simple way... But sooner or later I'll
understand the build
hierarchy for this purpose... Thank you very much for now!

> --apb (Alan Barrett)

David