Subject: Re: PXE boot (solved)
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/18/2006 20:43:07
On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, David Laight wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 02:31:31PM +0100, Stephen Borrill wrote:
>
>> +CPPFLAGS+= -DEPIA_HACK
>
> The problem with this is that it is a horrid hack, and we've no real idea
> why it makes suffifient difference.....

True (I've hardware if you want to improve it!), but it's inconsistent
that some booters include this flag and not others. It's been committed
and pulled up to netbsd-2 and netbsd-3 branches. While EPIA_HACK lives in
one booter (and (appears) to fix the problem) it ought to be in all of
them. When we get rid of it from all, great!

--
Stepehn