Subject: Re: emergency advice needed
To: matthew sporleder <msporleder@gmail.com>
From: Steve Blinkhorn <steve@prd.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/30/2006 19:16:14
>>>"matthew sporleder" said:
 > On 6/30/06, Steve Blinkhorn <steve@prd.co.uk> wrote:
 > >
 > > Aaaargh, to coin a phrase.
 > (I think "Aaaargh" was coined by Charlie Brown, or someone earlier)

I thought he coined "Aaaaarrrggghhh", but then he had Lucy to cope
with :-)

 > If I remember correctly, 1.6 and 3.0's rc.conf files were pretty
 > similar, but to be safe, I would install the etc set and use the
 > settings from your 1.6 rc.conf for rc_configured=YES and any
 > networking stuff, so you can restart and get networking up.

I think I see where the problem may lie.   The window I currently have
open onto this machine is a su shell.   But if I try to su again, I
get "pam_start failed".   IIRC this relates to the warning in the
docs and what I am most concerned about.

--
Steve Blinkhorn <steve@prd.co.uk>