Subject: Re: Can't select the other consoles on -current (3.99.21)
To: Paul Apprich <paul.apprich@verizon.net>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/26/2006 23:57:20
--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 10:18:57PM -0400, Paul Apprich wrote:
> Greetings,
>=20
>    As I was testing the various Atheros equipped PIC wireless adapters=20
> (the Belkin F5D7000 works very well w/ Super Cantenna!) using the latest=
=20

Good, what version is that?, I should add it to the wiki.  (I've got an
 eariler Ralink version. I noticed recently that the photo on the box
now has an Atheros-branded chip on it.)  Anyway, Atheros seems to be
in higher regard as a radio maker, yet not the best they could be to
the FOSS community. (Yet, far better than many others at the same time.)

> prebuilt kernel & userland, the console selector does not work ( the=20
> Ctrl-Alt-F1/F2/F3/F4 thingy). I tried this kernel on a machine with 3.0=
=20
> userland with the same result.

Ah, I was wondering when someone would notice this.

It seems that when -current/i386 is built with gcc 3.3 the VT
switching doesn't work.  The gcc 4 builds work fine in my experience.

	Jonathan Kollasch

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU--