Subject: Re: write error for sector 16: Read-only file system
To: NetBSD-users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakheshster@gmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/17/2006 07:18:32
On 6/16/06, Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org> wrote:
> >> partitions and tried to newfs them. I get the following error message:
> >
> > The output from fdisk and disklabel might help us...
>
> Precisely.  I had this problem last night on a CF media volume.  I was
> trying to write to a slice defined with a geometry that overlapped with a
> protected sector of the disk/mbr partition.

Strange ... coz I double-checked to ensure that the partitions weren't
overlapping etc.

Anyways, I went ahead and created two FAT32 partitions through XP ...
Was in a hurry to copy over some data yest and so couldn't wait. =/

Thanks,
Rakhesh

--
	NetBSD/i386 3.0 + pkgsrc-current | Toshiba Satellite L10-102