Subject: Re: opl and mpu @ cmpci not configured?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Martijn van Buul <martijnb@atlas.ipv6.stack.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/24/2006 19:06:01
It occurred to me that diro@nixsys.bz wrote in gmane.os.netbsd.ports.i386:
> So:
>
> cmpci0 at pci0 dev 6 function 0: C-Media Electronics CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio
> Device (rev. 0x10)
> cmpci0: interrupting at irq 3
> audio0 at cmpci0: full duplex, mmap, independent
> opl at cmpci0 not configured
> mpu at cmpci0 not configured
>
> Which is able to play CDs, but not other audio.

It should be able to play audio using the standard sound device as well
(As in: MP3s etc)

> Will commenting out the audio device entries and letting COMPAT_OSSAUDIO do
> its stuff work? I tried setting opl0 and mpu0 manually in the kernel config
> file and that didn't help.

There are

opl* at cmpci? flags 1
mpu* at cmpci?

entries in the GENERIC kernel config, that should attach. COMPAT_OSSAUDIO
makes the sound device be more Linux-ish. I don't know how required it is
anymore.

> Is there any way to get the mixer on this card to work?

The mixer is unrelated to COMPAT_OSSAUDIO, opl and mpu. What does

mixerctl -a print out?