Subject: Re: 3.0 upgrade failed
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Yasir Malik <ymalik@cs.stevens.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/14/2006 10:29:46
On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, Patrick Welche wrote:

> Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 14:03:31 +0100
> From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
> To: Yasir Malik <ymalik@cs.stevens.edu>
> Subject: Re: 3.0 upgrade failed
>
> and I suppose /lib/libc.so.12.128.2 exists, and file /lib/libc.so.12.128.2
> says something sensible? How about /libexec/ld.elf_so ? is it there and
> happy?
>
> Now back to the beginning, you said "after each daemon". What does ldd
> give for that particular daemon?

Actually, the error messages come after the "Building Databases" portion
starts.  I don't think the file systems were mounted because I get that
message when the system starts to mount the file systems.  All the shared
objects are there.  Any idea why the file systems would not be mounted?
I'd set up multiple boot profiles with newbtconf(8), and in the individual
folders configuration folders in /etc, I see that the fstab is there.
In addition, my rc.conf in the configuration folders is still there
with rc_configured=YES; however, when I first booted NetBSD after the
install, I was dropped to single user mode since the install program
places apparently places a new copy of /etc/rc.conf with rc_configured=NO.
My guess is that the boot program isn't picking up the configuration files
created with newbtconf(8).

Thanks,
Yasir