Subject: hardware SATA raid advice
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/30/2006 19:40:44
Hi,
so I need to get a new server. I'd like to have 14 SATA drives on 2 RAID
raid adapters. The adapter should:
- be well supported by NetBSD-3.x/i386 (a backport of a current driver
  may be acceptable)
- be managable from NetBSD (no reboot to BIOS to get disks status,
  start a reconstruct, etc ...)
- have at last 128MB battery-backed cache (I'd prefer more, but I'm not sure
  this exists)

What would folks running such hardware recommend ?

Also, does anyone know Areca sata controllers ? One reseller here mention
them but I didn't found any info on theses.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>