Subject: Re: USB card readers?
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/28/2006 09:04:51
On 28 Mar 2006 10:59:26 -0500, "Nathan J. Williams" writes:
>> Anyone read SD cards?  Perhaps I was being too optimistic to think
>> they'd provide the same functionality as a CF...
>
>I have a couple of SD cards that I've used in various USB card
>readers. This SanDisk reader mostly works (on 2.0.2 and 3.99.15/i386
>systems):

Cool.  Another dumb question (or two).

Do you scsictl scan the device before attempting to mount?

Do I expect disklabel to give me a sane answer?

Also, Steve mentioned that usb_subr.c 1.130 fixed a number of usb
issues for him.  I've compared that version to what is on the 2.x
branch and they are quite different.  Looks like some api's to the
rest of the kernel have changed.

I also looked at the diff b/w 1.129 and 1.130 and it appears to
already be in the 2.x branch

Thanks
--sjg