Subject: Re: USB card readers?
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@embedtronics.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/27/2006 16:22:35
On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 07:53:47AM -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> > s/fixed/worked around with a dirty hack/
> >
> I won't argue with that description, but at least USB drives now work
> well.

Well, they still don't recognize card insert/eject events, so one has to
disconnect and reconnect the USB card reader every time a card is changed.
This may be a real problem with laptops with built-in card readers.. ;)

Windoze and linux both know about card changes, so it is possible, somehow.
Maybe they just poll the card at shortish intervals to see if the card has
changed?

  -jm