Subject: Re: kernel page fault trap
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
From: Steve Blinkhorn <steve@prd.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/17/2006 16:55:31
>>>Brian Buhrow said:
 > 	If the machine has been running fine with no trouble and then began to
 > display this bad behavior without a change to its software load, then it's
 > most likely a hardware problem.  Your guess about memory is probably pretty
 > good.
 > Before I tried changing stuff, I'd try reseating the memory sticks in the
 > mother board.  I just did this for one of our production machines, and it
 > did wonders.
 > -Brian

Made things worse, if anything.   There's 96M in there in three
modules, and I've tried all sorts of combinations.   The machine had
run for over a year, probably without a reboot.  I've also reseated
the other couple of boards, and the disk connections.   I'm searching
the building for other memory modules of the same type....

--
Steve Blinkhorn <steve@prd.co.uk>