Subject: azalia STAC9221 data sheet (was azalia(4) and volume control)
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Stuart Brooks <stuartb@cat.co.za>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/13/2006 11:17:34
Hi,

I have contacted Sigmatel with a view to getting hold of the datasheet
for the HDA STAC9211 device (with the view to getting volume control to
work in the driver). However they are a little reluctant to hand it
over, wanting to know my projected volume and production date, which is
fair enough I suppose. What would be the best way to respond? Does
anyone have a handle on how many people are using NetBSD - that could be
used as a carrot. Or maybe someone already has the data sheet? Is there
a standard way to approach this kind of thing?

Regards
 Stuart