Subject: NetBSD 3.0 install cd boot problems
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Scott A. Beard <sabeard@gmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/02/2006 07:13:24
I have a system with an Intel SE440BX-2 motherboard.  I tried to
install NetBSD 3.0 from CD and the unit will not boot off the cd.  The
system just sits there while it tries to detect the bootblocks, times
out and tries again.  I believe I had a similar problem with NetBSD
2.0.2 also, but was finally able to get it to boot from floppy.  I am
not having that luck this time.

At interesting note is the system will not boot the RTM build of
Windows XP either.  NetBSD 1.6.1 and Windows 2000 cds both boot fine.

Anyone have an idea why the NetBSD 3.0 install cd won't boot?

Thanks
Scott

--
Cycling for a cure:
Please support my ride in the 2006 MS150 with an online donation: